UE4SD Annual Conference 2015

Travel and Subsistence Costs

The EU project can fund 1 member from each partner institution to attend both the Annual Meeting and CA Conference (2 nights) in Spain. Partners have been allocated a budget for this meeting and are responsible for booking and pre-paying their travel and subsistence. The expenses from this trip as well as other project activities will be reimbursed to all partners after the next reporting period. Please bear in mind that the project will only fund 75% of the total costs. Partners need to source the remaining 25%.

Please find below some financial guidelines related to the cost of these meetings:

Subsistence Costs (including accommodation and local travel)

Subsistence covers accommodation, meals and all local travel costs while at the place of destination abroad. Reimbursement is based on the existing internal rules of your organisation, which may be on an actual cost (reimbursement of receipts) or daily allowance basis. In both cases, the maximum rate allowable for subsistence in Spain as set by the Commission is 227 EUR/day. Proof of attendance and overnight accommodation will be also required in both cases. If your organisation uses set rates please let us know what these are for Spain.

Important Note

Lunch and coffee breaks will be provided on Monday 23rdand Tuesday24th November by two different catering companies in the respective venues. Partners will be asked to pay 80 EUR in cash at the registration desk on the first day in order to cover the costs of the catering for BOTH days. An individual receipt will be provided once the payment has been made.

If you are claiming on actual costs, we will require copies of all receipts for accommodation, food and local travel. Items of spend that have no receipts will not be eligible when claiming. You should keep the original receipts.

  • Travel Costs

Travel costs should be claimed on the basis of actual real costs. A maximum budget of €350 per person, per trip abroad, has been allocated for this travel. The cost for a journey should include all costs for travel from the point of origin to the point of destination (and back again) and may include visa fees, travel insurance and cancellation costs. You are required to use the cheapest means of travel offering best value for money.

To reimburse your travel expenses, we will require copies of all tickets and receipts, including original boarding passes. Items of spend that have no receipts will not be eligible when claiming.