The Vilnius University was founded in 1579. At present it includes 12 faculties, 7 research institutes, 3 university hospitals, astronomical observatory, and botanical garden. University promotes interdisciplinary studies and research, which are supported by 4 interfaculty centres. There are more than 22000 students and 3700 academic staff in total.
The UE4SD project at the Vilnius University is represented by the Health and Sport Centre. It is an interfaculty academic unit committed to health promotion and physical education at the university involving both students and teachers. Centre provides sustainability-related general education courses for the first cycle students and special courses on sustainable development strategies and social innovation projects for the second cycle. In cooperation with the Faculty of Medicine, Centre contributes to the interdisciplinary research program Human and Public Health, Quality of Life and Environment.
Role of VU in the project:
- Coodinate the mapping exercise in Lithuania and complete the template for data collection.
- Assist in the development of an online platform of resources as well as get familiarised and review the online tool.
- Contribute to the bi-annual newsletters.
- Translate project materials into the national language.
- Provide feedback to the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) framework.
- Contribute to the dissemination and exploitation of the project outputs, outcomes and future network activities.
- Participate and actively contribute to the discussions generated in regional and annual meetings, seminars and conference.
Operational and financial management:
- The project team will coordinate the above administrative and academic project activities.
- Financial administration will be handled by the project team who will liaise internally with the institution’s finance department.